PitaPata Dog tickers Goodson's Country Living: Catching Up

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Catching Up











A lot has happened since my last post. I just never seem to have time to post any of it. Allen and I went to Tennessee in Oct for a weekend getaway. We had never been to the mountains. I enjoyed seeing the mountains but don't think I'll go back anytime soon. It was way too busy, like Myrtle Beach but with no beach. My dad passed away unexpectantly in November. That experience was very difficult and I just try not to think about it much. I am very blessed to have family and friends who care and have helped me through the difficult times. The fall semester ended. I had a great group of students. I won't be teaching again until next fall. I'm greatful for the little break. Then the holidays came. A bunch of us left at midnight Thanksgiving night to shopping. Yes, we were crazy but I won't do that again. There's nothing out there I need that bad. Christmas has come and gone in a flash. Jackie and I took my sister and nephews to see the christmas lights at James Island and they loved it. There were so many lights to see. Next year we probably won't wait until the week of Christmas to go, the line was really long to get in. While all this was going on, my house was still being built. At this time we are awaiting our final inspection so we can move in. I'm so excited. We were able to get the granite counter top we wanted and stainless steel appliances. Every thing looks great. I'll send pics when we move. Not really looking forward to unpacking though. By the way Bo loves duck hunting. Of course all my pics are in the wrong order.

No comments:

Post a Comment